American Red Cross SAF Regional Program Specialist in San Diego, California
"Assist in the delivery of American Red Cross programs and services to meet the needs of United States military members, veterans and their families in accordance with Red Cross policies and procedures. This is accomplished through managing volunteers and working with other Red Cross departments."
Responsibilities1. Relationship Management and Community Outreach: Serves as the "face" of the Red Cross at assigned location.
• Cultivates relationships and partnerships with external constituents in the local community, including government organizations, corporate partners, civic organizations and other community charitable and nonprofit agencies with the purpose of furthering the mission of the Red Cross. Outreach includes command meetings, education briefings, presentations or information sessions
- Volunteer Management: Develops and implements a strategic volunteer program to engage and enable delivery of all Red Cross programs and services on a military installation.
• Recruits and trains volunteers in the delivery of SAF programs and services, Preparedness, Health & Safety Services, Disaster Cycle Services, and providing support to Armed Forces Blood Services,
• Supervises volunteer staff in their daily work responsibilities
Service Delivery Management: Ensures the delivery of SAF core services to all clients within their jurisdiction. Supports other lines of ARC service to ensure the delivery of Preparedness, Health and Safety Services training, disaster preparedness and response and Red Cross Blood Services. Services may include conducting training, meetings, presentations, and workshops as well as scheduling, recruitment, marketing and providing materials and support throughout the community.
Reporting & Admin Support: Monitors and reports on American Red Cross Service Delivery Outcomes.
• Interact with customers and other teams to obtain data to document outcomes and program results to ensure organizational accountability.• Input and Evaluate Service Delivery Data for consistency completeness, accuracy, reasonableness.• Generate data reports on a scheduled and/ or periodic basis for management or local command.• Makes recommendations for continuous improvement to ensure metrics are consistently met.Qualifications
Education:Bachelor's degree in business or public administration, human resources management, community organization, social or health sciences, or related field; or relevant equivalent experience is required.
Experience: A minimum of five years related experience
Management Experience:Minimum one year of management experience is preferred.
Skills and Abilities: Requires strong computer skills. Public speaking skills and the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing are required. Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in an individual or team environment. The ability to balance multiple priorities is essential. Experience with American Red Cross programs and services is strongly desired. Familiarity with military culture, regulations and protocol is strongly desired.
Essential Functions/Physical Requirements:Depending on work assignment, may require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; or the ability to stand, walk and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of up to 20 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read technical information. Overall mobility is essential. May include sitting for long periods of time, driving a vehicle and working under challenging conditions.
Work Conditions:Work is performed indoors with some potential for exposure to safety and health hazards related to emergency services relief work. May travel and participate in meetings and conferences throughout chapter jurisdiction, state and Red Cross system. Because the Red Cross is a disaster response organization, staff may be asked to be on 24-hour call during period of major disaster.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee's professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment.