American Red Cross Phlebotomist Specialist-I (Paid Training) (Quincy, IL) in Quincy, Illinois
Are you seeking a full-time opportunity that makes a difference? Are you passionate about meeting new people? Do you want to have an impact in your community, across the country, and around the world? If your answer is "yes", then we invite you to become a Phlebotomis Specialist-I for the American Red Cross! As a Phlebotomist Specialist-I with the American Red Cross you will work at our office/s in QUINCY, IL using automated phlebotomy procedures. Our paid training is a mix of classroom instruction and on-the-job practice.
To learn more about being a phlebotomist, watch this short video:rdcrss.org/lifesavingrole
Phlebotomist Specialist-I Responsibilities:
• Balance production, donor care & quality requirements to meet daily blood collection goals
• Take the time to personally connect with donors – listen to their stories and help them understand the value of their donation
• Be detail oriented all day, every day, to ensure that the blood you collect meets regulatory requirements and can be safely transfused
• Remain flexible to work a highly variable schedule that includes early start times, late end times, weekends & holidays to meet the needs of our blood drive sponsors and donors
• Take care of your team members – show up for every shift and give 100% while you're there
• Contribute to a friendly and fun environment. Team up with your co-workers to keep our donors coming back again and again
• Interact in a positive, proactive, and customer-focused manner with both internal and external customers, demonstrating care and compassion at all times
The aforementioned responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work and are not an exhaustive list.
Why the American Red Cross? We offer employee growth and development, an incomparable team spirit and a comprehensive benefits package inclusive of health and 401K.
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Customer service experience, effective verbal communication, and public relations skills are required; basic computer skills are desirable
• Medical assistant or phlebotomy training preferred but not required
• Department is scheduled for 4 (four) 10 (ten) hour days per week including every other weekend and includes holiday work.
• Position will include traveling to other sites in the region as needed. A current, valid driver's license and good driving record required
• Physical requirements may include the ability to lift, push or pull heavy weights up and down ramps and stairs, good manual dexterity, the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and adapt to long, irregular hours and frequent schedule changes is required.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee's professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment.