American Red Cross Executive Director in Opelika, Alabama
We are currently seeking a professional, innovative and enthusiastic Executive Director for our East Alabama Chapter, based in Opelika, Alabama.
Thesuccessfulcandidate can be based in either the Opelika or Dothan office.
As one of the nation's premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. We depend on the many generous contributions of time, blood, and money from the American public to support our lifesaving services and programs. If you share our passion for helping people, join us in this excellent career opportunity.
This position is responsible for these key areas within the defined Chapter to include: blood drive sponsorship, volunteer development, fundraising, relationship management and management of their local board of Directors. Reporting to the Regional Chief Executive Officer, the Executive Director is the face of the Red Cross in their home market and in markets without volunteer leaders. As Executive Director, this role provides leadership and direction to volunteers and employees ensuring the goals and mission of the American Red Cross are effectively delivered.
• In support of fundraising, manage local United Way relationships, local major donors, and board of directors' contributions.
• Work with board to nurture individual, corporate, and foundation donors.
• Build community presence in home market through relationship with media, elected officials, and key governmental partners.
• Develop relationships with community stakeholders. Focus especially on those that bridge volunteer partners such as faith-based, college/university, NGO/NPO, and community organizations.
• Recruit and develop local volunteer leaders to achieve mission metrics and support responsibilities in home market and district.
• Recruit and steward local board of directors for 100% participation. Manage annual board campaign and efforts of the board and committees.
• Partner with Biomedical workforce to grow and enhance blood drives and steward blood drive sponsors.
Education:Four-year college degree (BS/BA) in Business, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Finance or non-profit administration or equivalent experience required. Prefer Master's degree in the field of community organization, public or business administration or non-profit management.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years related experience. Demonstrated ability to exercise good and timely judgment in complex situations. Demonstrated ability for strong communications and influencing skills along with public speaking and writing. Demonstrated ability to develop and implement fundraising strategies. Demonstrated ability to build sustain community relationships/partnerships. Proven experience in influencing others and building relationships. ------------------------- Management Experience: Minimum 3 year related management/supervisory experience.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee's professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment.