American Red Cross Skill Evaluator for Nurse Aide Training Program in Modesto, California
We are currently seeking a Nurse Aid Evaluators (CEP) in our chapter location in Modesto, CA.
These are part-time positions, working various schedules to include days and/or weekends throughout our American Red Cross Chapter locations. Our evaluators give their availability 90 days in advance, so you always know when you have a skills evaluation coming to complete. This position works 3-5 days a week, during the day, during the week to administer the state CNA/GNA assessment.
This position requires a minimum of 1 year or 2000 hours required work in a LONG-TERM CARE Skilled Nursing Facility as a treatment RN. This does not include, home health, hospice, PRN or Agency work. We must be able to prove the hours for the state requirements.
· Accurately evaluates nurse assistant candidate's performance using the format prescribed by the state. Administers the State Nurse Assistant Training Competency Exam using Pearson Vue Nurse Aide Examination (NNAAP) if applicable.
· Maintains confidentiality, test security, and quality assurance according to the state testing program's requirements.
· Completes and maintains confidential, accurate and complete records and reports as required by state and federal regulations, vendor contracts and the American Red Cross policies.
· Successfully manages operation of test site and maintains a cooperative working relationship with testing sites and staff to provide a comprehensive and safe testing environment for applicants.
· Responsible for efficient and effective use of all testing supplies, materials and equipment maintaining appropriate controls for loss reduction. Submits supply requisition forms as needed to maintain testing supply inventory.
· Attend grievance committee meetings biweekly and perform committee duties. (California only)
· Performs other duties as may be assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
Education: Registered Nurse in the state(s) where evaluating occurs. BSN preferred.
Experience: Two years' experience as a registered nurse with a minimum of one years' experience working in a long term care facility.
Skills and Abilities:
· Must maintain a current active RN license without restriction or probation in the state(s) where evaluating occurs.
· Ability to represent the American Red Cross in a professional manner.
· Knowledge of federal and state requirements governing Certified Nurse Assistant training and testing.
· Professional written and oral communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills.
· Knowledge of the state or vendor requirements related to documentation and report preparation.
· Proficiency in a variety of computer software, including Microsoft Office.
· Superior organizational, planning and problem-solving skills. Ability to work independently.
· Ability to travel to multiple testing site locations within a geographical area and work various hours (days, evenings and weekends).
· Bilingual (Spanish or other language) skill helpful.
· Essential Functions/Physical Requirements: For Chapter, NHQ and PHSS jobs: Depending on work assignment, may require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; or the ability to stand, walk, and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of up to 50 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read technical information. Overall mobility is essential. May include sitting for long periods of time, driving a vehicle and working under challenging conditions.
Exposure levels are based on the essential functions as stated in this position description; however, in some instances, variances may occur due to the applicable nature of this position within a particular work site. Therefore, the work site may determine the exposure level to be greater than or less than the below stated level.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee's professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment.